(You have three options: 1. Only read the text 2. Only watch the video 3. Read the text and watch the video).
Are you ready to see how secure your relationship with your Father is?!
Question: do you think Jesus is ever uncertain about His relationship with His Father? Does He ever worry whether or not He and His Father are still OK in their relationship with one another or if something might have caused there to be a hindrance, a break or a change in their fellowship? The answer of course is ‘no.’
The Godhead – Father, Son and Holy Spirit – is a family of relationship. Because they are perfectly ONE in relationship there’s an absolute absence of worry, doubt and unrest within the Godhead as to whether or not they’re still OK in their relationship. There’s never any hindrance, problem or distance in their relationship.
Here’s the deal,
- You have been made ONE with Christ (1 Cor. 6:17).
- As Jesus is, so are YOU (1 John 4:17).
- You are the RIGHTOUSNESS of God in Christ (2 Cor. 5:21).
Because you have been made one with Christ and you’re identical to Him in spirit, all that is true about His righteous state and relationship with the Father is true for you too.
You have the same standing and relationship with the Father as Jesus has!
Therefore, there are many reasons why you can have peace and confidence in your relationship with God. Here we list ten reasons. Remember, we’re talking about your spiritual relationship with God.
The following truths might not necessary be what you’re experiencing in your soul or body, but we do not relate to God in flesh but in spirit and truth (John 4:24)!
- Jesus never has any hindrance in His relationship with His Father, so you never have any hindrance in your relationship with your Father.
- Jesus never has any problem with the Father, so you never have any problem with the Father.
- Jesus never has any distance in His relationship with His Father, so you never have any distance in your relationship with your Father.
- Jesus is in total right standing before the Father, so you are in total right standing before the Father.
- Jesus never has a break in His relationship with His Father, so you never have any break in your relationship with your Father.
- Jesus never has any separation in His relationship with the Father, so you never have any separation in your relationship with your Father.
- Jesus never backslides in His relationship with the Father, so you never backslide in your relationship with the Father.
- Jesus never has any barrier between Him and His Father, so you never have any barrier between you and your Father.
- Jesus enjoys an unbroken relationship with the Father, so you enjoy an unbroken relationship with the Father.
- Jesus has a perfectly right relationship with the Father, so you have a perfectly right relationship with the Father.
If this doesn’t sound like Good News that makes you happy, then I don’t know what will!
These truths about your spiritual relationship with the Father fly straight into the face of “the religious giant” in our mind. Each truth is like a stone that’s been catapulted with a slingshot to cast down every stronghold in our mind and every high thing that exalts itself against the knowledge of God (2 Cor. 10:5).
Some of these truths might be a hard cookie to swallow, especially if you’ve been listening to religious mumbo jumbo that’s based on human experience rather than on SPIRITUAL TRUTH.
Just like the three persons in the Godhead never worry or doubt whether or not they’re still OK in their relationship with one another or that something might have caused to be a hindrance, a break or a change in their fellowship, so you never have to worry, doubt or have unrest about whether things are still all right between God and you. All has been made right for you! By Jesus Christ (Rom. 3:24).
Since you are one with Christ, having received His relationship with the Father there’s never any hindrance, problem or distance in your relationship with Him!
This is the Gospel. (In the next post we’ll discuss if the Gospel is a license to sin). Normal Christianity is to walk in peace and confidence in order to be a blessing to the people around you.
Enjoy your unbroken, perfect relationship with the Father!
Didn’t Christ feel separation from the Father when He was on the cross and cried “My God, why have You forsaken me?” Of course, the Father was still there, but Jesus experienced a significant, spiritual change in that moment. Don’t we as Christians experience a similar break or feeling of spiritual separation when we sin?
Good comment. Jesus Christ did indeed feel – as a human on behalf of the human race! – seperated or forsaken from the Father. However, the Father never left Him (spiritually), neither turned His face (as I used to think bc people had told me so). When we as Christians willfully sin (as you know it’s a choice, you don’t have to sin) then there are aweful consequences for our physical part: soul and body. We give the enemy an inroad to bring destuction. And perhaps some will indeed feel like being separated from God – BUT they aren’t! Never. If they could then Jesus would be able to separate Himself from the Father’s relationship. And that will never happen. You are secure in Him!
Jesus is the Almighty. The fulness of the Godhead. The Father. The Word. The Holy Spirit. “These three are one.” God in one Person: Jesus the CHRIST. KING OF KINGS AND LORD OF LORDS.